Monday 2 April 2012

Recipe - cucumbers and sour cream

I promised a few people the recipe for the Cucumbers & Sour Cream that was served at Crown Feast. While I know it's a documentable recipe, I've made it often enough that I don't remember where the original came from. However, here's how it was made.

 
Cucumbers & Sour Cream

Take cucumbers, skin them and slice them. Put them in a bowl and cover with apple cider vinegar. Soak overnight.
The next day, drain out the vinegar. mix in equal portions of plain yogurt and sour cream. Add fresh mint leaves and mix well.

I don't have exact portions, especially since I've made this for different numbers of people and I generally do it to look and taste. I have found, though, that if you slice the cucumbers too thinly you get a much more vinegary flavor. Also, fresh dill or dill seeds can be used instead of the mint leaves, and give a completely different flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment